Karmaloop

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

spotlight: photographer lloyd PARKS (43 STUDIOS)

This week's spotlight is on a phenomenal photographer. His name is Lloyd Parks and his work is amazing. Here's a little more about him:

"I AM LLOYD PARKS...DESIGNER, ILLUSTRATOR...PHOTOGRAPHER.







I AM UNORTHODOX IN MANY WAYS.

I do this because art is a natural part of my life. My skills were developed over years of dedication. I cannot stop the work that was set before me. I am not for everyone nor are my skills and talents. It may also seem like I do not care or show indifference, well the indifference part may be true and that's due to my not wanting to taint or expose myself to anything that is not what I am about. I can careless for comments. They do not pay the bills nor do they strengthen my skills.

Do I think I am the best? Not really. I'm just the best at what I do. There are photographers who are close to me and who's work I simply adore. Artists, stylists and MUA's. But I am one who constantly evolves and grows both artistically and mentally. I believe that the application of knowledge is wisdom and through that I learn to apply what I know to my life and profession.

THIS ISN'T A HOBBY...A JOKE...A PASTIME OR ANY SUCH THING. THIS THING OF MINE IS A PROFESSION AND PROFESSIONALS HAVE SKILL LEVELS. IT IS HONED BY CONSTANT LEARNING, EVOLVING, TRIAL AND ERROR, LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND OTHERS AND LISTENING TO THOSE GREATER THAN YOURSELF. A GOOD STUDENT WILL LISTEN, RETAIN, STUDY, PRACTICE AND EXECUTE!

EVEN MY DETRACTORS AND CRITICS MAY HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF TRUTH IN THEIR WORDS...BUT THE UNDENIABLE PROOF OF MY WORDS ARE IN THE FORM OF MY WORK.

SO TO ALL ASPIRING ARTISTS -- FROM MUSIC TO ART, PHOTOGRAPHY AND MORE...

ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS THIS, EVERYTHING IS A TOOL. EVERYTHING YOU CAN LEARN AND ACHIEVE. EVERYTHING THAT SOMEONE SAYS OR DOES CAN BE GRAFTED INTO YOUR CREATIVITY. I WIELD PHOTOSHOP LIKE THORS HAMMER, YET I CAN PAINT AND DRAW AS WELL AS DESIGN BY FREEHAND. I AM THE PHOTOGRAPHER. I AM DUE TO JUST WHAT I SAID AT THE OPENING. I USE ANYONE, ANYTHING. CREATIVITY DOESN'T HAVE A CLASSROOM AND DEDICATION AND PERSEVERANCE HAS NO LIMITS BUT WHAT YOU PLACE ON IT. I AM SHOCKED AT MANY WHO PROFESS AND WANT TO BE SOMETHING, BUT EVERY TOOL AND LESSON AT THEIR DISPOSAL ISN'T STUDIED USED OR LOOKED UPON AS VALUE.

I want to thank you for the time and exposure. I love what’s happening over here baby. You guys keep a watch for more on Lloyd Parks. Gorgeous, the magazine soon to go online by September 1st.”


--Lloyd

Lloyd Parks Photography/43studios
680 East 224th Street
Bronx, New York 10466
TEL: 347-445-7275
FAX: 347-346-7963
lloydparks@43studios.com

www.43studios.com (make sure you check out his wonderful website)
www.myspace.com/pure_lloyd
www.twitter.com/43TUDIOS
www.facebook.com/43STUDIOS
UD# 947 (urbandock.net)
 

Site Meter
Karmaloop.com