Karmaloop

Friday, July 9, 2010

Lebron's Off To Miami + Miami Season Tickets Sell Out Overnight

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Many people waiting in anticipation last night to hear which team Lebron James would chose to play for.....and he decided to go with MIAMI. Even Kanye West was in the mix and was backstage with Lebron prior to his announcement. Via Nba Fanhouse:
Lebron James has chosen the Miami Heat. James announced his decision to play for Miami during a televised special from the Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich, Conn., on Thursday night.

The addition of James is the third major move the Heat have made this summer. In addition to bringing back six-time All-Star Dwyane Wade, Miami has also agreed to contract terms with five-time All-Star Chris Bosh. Now the three kingpins of this year's free-agent market will combine forces to try to win a championship together.

James, the two-time reigning MVP, has yet to win his first NBA title, and it's clear the desire to win one played heavily into choosing Miami over staying with Cleveland.

After months of speculation and a week of deliberating after meeting with six prospective teams, James revealed that he didn't make up his mind until the final day.

"I decided this morning," he said. "I went day to day. I wake up one morning, it's this team. I wake up another morning, it's this team. ... But this morning I woke up, had a great conversation with my mom. Once I had that conversation with her, I think I was set."

In the end, it was the chance to join forces with Wade and Bosh, forming one of the greatest collection of superstars in their prime that the NBA has ever seen, that sealed the deal. 

"I feel like it's going to give me the best opportunity to win and to win for multiple years, and not only just to win in the regular season or just to win five games in a row or three games in a row, I want to be able to win championships. And I feel like I can compete down there."
  
In anticipation of LeBron's big move, Miami Heat season tickets sold out overnight. The Miami Herald reported that "no tickets were available for the 2010-2011 season on the team's website as of 11:15 a.m. Thursday."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

 LEBRON'S POST ANNOUNCEMENT INTERVIEW:

 

Site Meter
Karmaloop.com