Karmaloop

Monday, July 26, 2010

Aubrey O'Day Keeps It Real, Talks Life After Danity Kane


Many think Aubrey O'Day was just the wild child of Danity Kane, but to me she was the realest in the group. Danity Kane has been done for a while now, but the 26-year old recently spoke with Global Grind about life after success in the Bad Boy platinum-selling group.
 On Diddy and Making The Band:
"I never realized how much Diddy and that entire Making The Band situation shielded us from and took care of  us. I mean I had no idea what was going on until I had to step out there on my own with nobody protecting me. It is a whole other ball game. I mean we had everything handed to us in that situation and we really mostly could focus on our talent and focus on the enjoyment of what we were doing even though [Danity Kane] still found ways to not do that."

 On The Hard Days:
"I’m never going to front like there has never been hard days, there have been many hard days and I think for anyone in this industry there’s ups and there’s downs. I just quoted one of Jay-Z’s songs the other day, the Hollywood song. It said something like the only thing that matters in the industry is where you’re sitting when it stops and there’s a lot of reality to that. And not even just in like a physical way, but in a mental way. You really have to be able to handle the ups and the downs and you have to be able to get yourself right." 

On Life After Getting Fired: 
"Until you’ve hustled on your own or been completely on your own... I don have an agent, I don’t have a manager, I don’t have a publicist, I don’t have any of that. I’ve done everything since being fired on my own. You know, like I said. I do it on my hardest days for the fans. There are people out there that grind every day. There are single moms out there that have two kids that are trying to figure out how to put food on the table every night. My struggle is no different than anyone else’s struggle and I’m lucky enough to be enough of a public figure to have a forum to where people listen to what I have to say and if anything, at the hardest point I want my message to be keep going, keep fighting."

On Having Regrets And Thinking It Was Over For Her:  
"For so many interviews in my career I always said no I have no regrets, you know everything is all good you’ve got to learn from your mistakes and blah blah blah. Everyone has regrets there are things that everybody wishes they could have done different or understand what they understands now, it’s just a part of life but you find a place where you’re happy with the decisions you’ve made and you’re happy with where you’re at and you know it’s just one big lesson learned. And did I ever think it was all over, yeah I had my moments where I really was fighting for every last inch." 
 

Site Meter
Karmaloop.com