Karmaloop

Friday, September 11, 2009

We Remember 9.11.01

Can't believe its been 8 years now. I remember that tragic day. The school year had recently just begun and I was a sophomore in high school. It was during the first few minutes of second period when the principle came on the loud speaker and told all the students to evacuate the building. I went to Murry Bergtraum High School, which was literally 3-4 blocks away. It was weird because I remember feeling the building shake a bit, thats how close the school was. As soon as I got outside, I saw the cloud of smoke. I didnt realize what was goin on at the time, I just thought it was a big fire. Then I started hearing the kids say that there was an explosion at the world trade center. I couldnt believe it. My mother called me on my cell phone about 5 minutes later and told me to come straight to her job, which was on 16th St. I was so scared getting on the train, cause by then I was hearing a whole bunch of different stories. I get to her job and she just hugged me for dear life. I was like "mom, what is goin on". And she told me a plane hit the building. She knew how close I was to the towers and was glad I was ok.

We started listening to the news and they said it was a terrorist attack. I was scared as I dont know what. I never thought I would experience something like that. From my mother's job, there was a clear view of the smoke and the twin towers. Not soon after I got there, the second plane flew into the second tower. I couldnt believe it. That is a day I will never, ever forget.







Image and video hosting by TinyPic
REST IN PEACE TO THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2OO1.
 

Site Meter
Karmaloop.com